2019 has been A LOT but come to think about it which year has not been? I have unlearned so much and this has been the year I have come into my own. Today I wanted to take the time to reflect on all of the lessons I have learned this year,I hope this gives you a nudge in the right direction for your personal growth.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s already been done before, because it hasn’t been done by you. Just because someone else is doing it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it too. Industries do not have one player.
- Just because no one has done it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Always jump at the opportunity to be the first of your kind, a trailblazer.
- The shame wizard said gossip comes from a place of jealousy, he was right. I think about this a lot.
- I am multifaceted and I do not exist in black or white. And so I should extend the courtesy of grey areas to other people.
- Success or failure does not define me.
- Pain is inevitable. So when it arrives,I must sit with it and feel it. And if I need help I must ask for it ” The woods are dark and scary but the only way out is through.”
- To Surround myself with love,always. My friends and family know who I am, flaws and all. They might cringe through my shortcomings but they love me regardless. They make my life so bearable and they do not even know it.
- Focus on the big picture, I always ask myself if what I am doing matters in the grand scheme of things. If it doesn’t then I shouldn’t be doing it.
- To always observe how people react to the things I believe in or the things that matter to me and make a mental note to never interact with them or to stop interacting with them. ie rape jokes,slut shaming,misogynistic memes jokes statements etc.
- I do not need to be nice,but I want to be kind. And I hope that I am. The kindness of strangers has given me validation, opened doors for me and given me the courage to continue on my path. And so I want to return this 10 fold when I can.
If you enjoyed this, then you might also like
That’s everything,have a lovely week