So I recently started running for the first time as an adult. I got tired of sitting around at home all day “working” and making frequent trips to the kitchen. My legs had started cramping often and I knew I needed to exercise, not with weight loss as a goal but just to get out of the house. So I started, with very little knowledge of what I was getting myself into. I eventually got tired of making mental notes of my questions and observations so here I am today writing this listicle:
- Men – will stare,make comments and drive slowly to keep up with me – to abduct me I assume?
- Minibus drivers are especially unkind, thank god for headphones.
- That on the first day I would give up 15 minutes into my run and beg to be dropped home.
- That I’d have to give up chilli because it would make my lungs catch fire.
- That I needed a fuego playlist because pausing ever so often to change the song would disrupt my momentum.
- That pads would rub my skin raw and I would have to consider tampons just for the runs.
- That on days I won’t be able to get out of bed or even get anything done,it would be the only thing I did.
- That eventually,I would show up everyday on time.Ready and excited.
- That my body would start to feel lighter,more agile and that I would sleep better at night.
- That I would add more miles to my route because it would become something I no longer did begrudgingly, but something that made me feel alive.
Ps: I just want to say I really hate men,they have made this whole thing almost intolerable for me but I ofcourse won’t stop on their account.
kisses from me and my new found love,