In late 2018, I went to a women’s mixer. As with all events these days, professional photographers were hired to immortalize the whole affair. After a few days of waiting, I received my pictures and let me not lie to you, I deleted them on the spot. I could not recognize the woman I was looking at. I tried to convince myself that I had just worn an unflattering outfit but that was not it. My face was fat honey, I was fat.
I immediately took to google and I scoured the internet for a diet that would fix me as soon as possible. I came across the cabbage soup diet and it looked simple enough to follow. So I immediately bought ingredients and began my diet. Below is all you need to know if you decide to give it a try:
Is simple and straight foward. You can eat as much cabbage soup as you want for 7 days with a few other selected foods and water. No alcohol please.
- 2 large onions
- 2 green peppers
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 1 package brocolli/cauliflower
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 6–8 cups of water
Chop all vegetables into cubes.
In a large stock pot, sauté onions in the smallest amount of oil.
Then add the remaining vegetables and cover with water and add bouillon cubes or other seasonings (I highly recommend because otherwise it tastes bland)
Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30–45 minutes.
Rules of the diet
Because this diet is low in nutrients I recommend taking multi vitamins while you are on it.
- Day 1: Unlimited cabbage soup and fruit, but no bananas.
- Day 2: Only soup and vegetables. Focus on raw or cooked leafy greens. Avoid peas, corn and beans. You may also have one baked/ potato.
- Day 3: As many fruits and vegetables as you can eat, in addition to the soup. However, no baked potato and no bananas.
- Day 4: Unlimited bananas, skim milk and cabbage soup.
- Day 5: You are allowed 10–20 ounces (280–567 grams) of boiled/grilled beef, which you may substitute for chicken or fish. You may also have up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6–8 glasses of water.
- Day 6: Soup, beef and vegetables. You may substitute the beef for boiled fish if you did not do so the day prior. Focus on leafy greens. No baked potato.
- Day 7: You may have vegetables, brown rice and unlimited fruit juice — but no added sugar.
NEED TO KNOW – very important information
Please do not excersise while on this diet. Because I was so desperate to lose weight quickly,I tried to work out to “speed up” the process. But I was so weak,I blinked and I fell off the treadmill. Please don’t do it, keep your activities to the minimun especially the first 2 days.
Please do not continue this diet after 7 days.
I will tell you this, after 5 days there was a noticeble difference in my weight,and when I finished my diet I transitioned to a healthier meal plan.
I would recommend getting on this diet if you have a short time frame to lose weight. Otherwise, you may just use it to jump start your weight loss and then move on to a more nutritious diet.
Would I do it again? in a heartbeat. But it is a really hard diet to comit to. I remember I tried to lick a samoosa for a hit of something savoury after only 2 days on it. But I am starting again this week, would you like to be my diet buddy?