Caffe Grazia is an airy Italian restaurant with a mezzanine and a lovely garden on Kidney Crescent in Blantyre.
Doesn’t look like much from the front, but when you walk in you realize how spacious and austere it is. The inside which smells like freshly brewed espresso, has a high wooden beam ceiling, a cement and brick floor, wooden chairs and tables covered in African print table cloth.
For a more detailed tour visit my Youtube Channel by clicking the link above
But my favorite part? The veranda sitting area, waiting to be discovered like a little secret if you dare to venture beyond the inside. The garden is vividly green and pretty with pink flowers, and the white curtains on the veranda give off cabana vibes you almost forget you are actually on kidney crescent in Blantyre. It is truly lovely for lack of better word.
Is mostly carb based Mediterranean and Italian cuisine. I ordered the Donna Grazia – a salad comprised of grilled chicken, beans, feta, olive, mustard seeds, tomato and capers and served with a small focaccia. It is one of the best salad I have ever had – It was so flavorful, crunchy, juicy and fulfilling
How to get there far
When to go
Why I loved it
1. The Donna grazia changed my life and set pretty high standards for any salad I will ever encounter from now on wards.
2. The garden might be the most Zen space I have been to in Blantyre so far. I cannot emphasize how chill it was. I am absolutely in love.
3. They are a plastic free restaurant. Seriously, even the straws are neon metal. So points for being kind to the environment.
4. Their desserts looked really colorful and tasty and I was so sad I couldn’t have them because I am lactose intolerant, so please try them and tell me about it in DETAIL.
5. They have vegetarian options on their menu.
6. Freshly squeezed juice, it was so nice trying to be pseudo-healthy after eating carbs.
Thank you for reading,have an amazing week