Single on Valentine’s Day?? no problem. Really, don’t sweat it, it’s not that serious. Listen, before you dismiss me because I’m not single, know that I’ve been there, for years and years and I’ve become an expert at blocking out the noise on February 14.
It’s so much easier to ignore it all when valentine’s falls on a weekday because you are busy anyway. But this Valentine’s is on Sunday- my favorite day of the week- . And it had me thinking, What would I if I were single today? well you’re in luck because here is a list of things you should consider doing today.
- Go to one of the fancy coffee shops you have been meaning to go to and take lots of insta worth pictures. I’m thinking about the one in Thyolo.
- Stay in, order pizza and watch classic rom coms – The Proposal, Pretty Woman, The Notebook, Monster in-law, Life as we Know It etc.
- A bubble bath (with ahem – petals) a bottle of wine, put on a face mask, eat lots of chocolate.
- Take a road trip – with the girls or alone.
- Treat yourself to a spa day. Go for a new blowout, haircut, beauty treatment, facial, or massage.
- Read this blog. No seriously I will link some of mishaps from my single days below.
- Go on a date with your bestie. Get dressed, put on makeup, go to a restaurant, and order their special Valentine’s Day menu.
- Get a couple of Mills and Boons books, snacks, wrap yourself in a plush blanket, turn your data off, and get lost in a world of cheesy romance.
But most importantly, you should do whatever you feel like doing because you are a grown woman and you do whatever the hell you want. It’s just another Sunday don’t let capitalism trick you into feeling lonely or unworthy for a second.
Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy yourself and you have a lovely day.
Happy Valentine’s Day💝